Product Engineer - Mechanical (Metal Home Appliance)
Location Binh DuongFULL_TIME
Consultant Ai Huynh
Date posted 21 October 2022binh-duong engineering-manufacturing/project-management 2022-11-23 2022-12-20 manufacturing-and-production Binh Duong Binh Duong VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Product Engineer job has just become available at a US home appliance company, based in Binh Duong. Attractive package is offered for this role and you will be reporting directly to the Senior Engineering Manager.
About the Product Engineer - Mechanical (Metal Home Appliance) Role:
In this position, you will facilitate the design and manufacturing of exciting metal home appliance products. Product Engineer’s responsibilities include overseeing the manufacturing process to ensure they meet company’s design, safety, and quality standards. Ultimately, you will work closely with design team and manufacturing team while considering cost, product life cycle, reliability, delivery schedules, and customer requirements.
- Work collaboratively with product development and production to execute gas grill products from conceptual design to prototype evaluation and to mass production
- Create and maintain documentation of sourced products together with suppliers. Lead on-going value analysis and cost improvement efforts
- Develop CAD models, drawings, and engineering BOM that meet project timeline
- Familiar to production and warranty BOM’s and track all changes to existing BOM’s. Maintain BOM’s throughout the development cycles and product life cycles
- Provide insights about customer preference and market trend to global product development team
- Work closely with other departments to improve the cost and quality of products.
To succeed in this role, you must have good communication skills in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics engineering or a related field
- Over five years’ experience in consumer products (hardware), or skill in metal processing, sheet metal stamping, metal coating, die-cast, and injection moulded plastic. Experience with gas products is plus
- Proficient at creating complete product designs using full featured 3D solid modelling software is plus, familiarity with PTC CREO and PTC Sheetmetal application a plus
- Demonstrable experience of BOM control/management
- Fluent English
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional development teams in different countries while being able to work independently in Vietnam.
- Willing to travel in Vietnam
This leading company has an outstanding international reputation in its field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Product Engineer - Mechanical (Metal Home Appliance) is the role for you.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Ai Huynh on +84 28 35207915 or email to Ai.Huynh@robertwalters.com.vn quoting the Job Reference No.1865230.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.