Compliance & Product Safety (Director / Manager )
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Khoa Deo
Date posted 08 September 2022ho-chi-minh-city engineering-manufacturing/quality-assurance 2022-09-08 2022-11-07 furniture Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City ho chi minh VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Compliance & Product Safety job has arisen in a leading furniture company in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.
About this Compliance & Product Safety Role:
Reporting to the owner, you will be directly responsible for all the testing & compliance with the company.
- Handle customer contact and requests related to compliance and testing
- Manage product testing, both in house and at 3rd party testing laboratories
- Assure customer compliance to product packaging speciﬁcations and packaging transit testing
- Define in-house test requirements and standards for effective implementation within VT and across vendor factories
- Set up and manage the future in-house testing lab
- Stay up to date on relevant laws and regulations, international testing standards and apply them to company practices and product standards
- Collect, audit, and ﬁle all related registration documentation from manufacturing partners
- Guide, manage and coordinate regular social compliance audits for all manufacturing partners
- Support factory operations teams on QA issues failure analyses and improvement action plans
To succeed in this role, you must have good communication skills in English.
- Eight years’ work experience in the furniture or related industry
- Five years’ quality, product and material experience
- Relevant experience on US&EU/UK market compliance
- Deep understanding of furniture construction and finishes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of oﬃce software
- Ability to work independently, manage complex situations, and exercise judgement
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain a wide range of multi-site relationships at all levels of the organisation utilising inﬂuence, communication, facilitation, and presentation to eﬀectively manage positive change
- Fluent English required
- Able to work independently without supervision;
- Keen eye for detail and all other aesthetic issues a must.
This leading multinational firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and strong presence in Vietnam.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.