Senior Quality Engineer (Hardgoods /Sourcing office)
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Toan Nguyen
Date posted 03 March 2023ho-chi-minh-city engineering-manufacturing/quality-assurance 2023-03-14 2023-05-02 engineering Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Senior Quality Engineer (Hardgoods /Sourcing office) job has just come available in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam in a European furniture sourcing company.
About the Senior Quality Engineer (Hardgoods /Sourcing office) Role:
In this business-critical role, you will work with suppliers to establish a structured approach for consistency and adherence to quality procedures and requirements as well as supporting production to ensure the production capacity of the suppliers.
- Monitor new tooling test run
- Perform new samples/prototype review, and follow up to correct defects
- Support factory for packaging definition, validate packaging pre-production samples
- Coordinate between laboratory and factory to define and arrange testing requirements and samples
- For new orders, ensure production capacity & planning with the suppliers, by performing assessment at factory, and find potential risks at early stage
- Monitor production status by performing regular inline checking at supplier, tracking ready dates
- Provide weekly reporting of production status for all pending orders
- Create inspection standards for new products
- Trouble shooting defective products root cause, propose and monitor corrective actions
- Monthly reporting of quality assurance performance, supplier panel audits plans
- Production reference samples stock management
- Work closely with merchandising team and provide technical guidance during sourcing and development phase
- Adheres to correct business practices and company procedures
- To be organised for filing for daily inquires, order files
To succeed in this role, you must have good communication skills in English.
- Five years relevant working experience
- Familiar with Western markets
- Experience in home goods / hardgoods / plastic injection
- Experience in consumer goods product development process
- Experience in quality inspection (production monitoring experience will be a plus)
- Must be able to accurately and confidently communicate engineering and quality requirements to suppliers and the team in the US and China
- Ability to work across dozens of factories in Vietnam (and nearby countries), as well as across many different product categories. Responsible and willing to travel a lot in Vietnam (60%)
- Self-motivated team player & willing to work under pressure in a fast-paced company
This leading company has an outstanding international reputation in its field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are looking for a new challenge, this Senior Quality Engineer (Hardgoods /Sourcing office) is the role for you.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please email to Toan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Get in touch
+84 28 35207914
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 20 February 2023An exciting Senior Graphic Designer job has arisen in a leading organisation (building and construction material industry) in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 07 March 2023An exciting Project Manager job has arisen in a leading firm in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 10 March 2023An exciting HSE Manager job has arisen in an European manufacturing firm in Vietnam.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 23 February 2023Our client is an FDI company specialising in providing premium packaging solutions, their factory is based very close to HCMC. In this Quality Manager job you will take the responsibility to take care the total quality management of the factory, to lead the team towards providing excellent products to customers
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 20 February 2023An exciting Assistant Facility Manager job has arisen in a leading firm in Ho Chi Minh City.