General Manager (Based in Myanmar)
Salary USD140,000 - USD150,000 per annum + Housing, Car
Consultant Adrien Bizouard
Date posted 17 October 20192019-10-17 2019-12-16 fmcg Vietnam VN USD 140000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting General Manager role has come up at a company that is one of the largest Singapore taxpayers in Myanmar. Reporting to the Chairman, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the business in line with the strategy and long term objectives aligned with the Chairman.
About the General Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will make decisions that affect the operations, performance and strategy of the business.
- Provide strategic advice to the Chairman for development of business
- Develop in association with other Directors, strategic direction and positioning to ensure the company’s profitable growth and success
- Keep updated on economic and trade conditions and other relevant factors which may influence the formulation or modification of policy
- Ensure that the executive leadership team model is developed and build a culture of internal excellence at all levels, influencing through their positive leadership behaviours, the conversion of people and culture strategies, into reality
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the business via the department heads
- Achieve financial goals set in approved budget plan
- Manage the finance function and make decisions relating to finance policies for the group
- Oversee the fiscal activities of the organisation including budgeting, and financial reporting accuracy
- Develop annual capital and operating income and expenditure budgets for review and approval by the Chairman in collaboration with other Directors
- Ensure regulatory compliance in all areas of the group and related companies
- Ensure a strong risk, compliance and governance framework is embedded across the organisation
- Ensure the right skills, mind-set and systems are in place to continuously assess and mitigate risks
- Identify strategic and operational risks, ensure mitigation strategies are in place, and as appropriate, take action to minimise any actual or potential impact
- Ensure human resources function is effectively managed in terms of selection and recruitment, incentives and motivation, disciplines in line with the human resources function
- Control the use of consultants and services provided by others with full governance process, and at the same time as developing these skills in employees where possible
- Specify accountabilities for management personnel and evaluate their performance regularly
- Manage and control the HR function including setting of policies
- Oversee all manufacturing and head office operations
- Work with Commercial Director to devise effective sales and distribution approach to drive sales growth
- Work with Marketing Director to evaluate marketing activities and their effectiveness in driving sales
- Review and constantly monitor the factory/ manufacturing process regularly by having direct reports from the manufacturing heads of the factories
- Make market visits as per requirements to understand the market situation and customer needs to devise relevant strategies for product development
To succeed in the General Manager role, you will be an exceptional leader with sharp business acumen.
- Degree or masters degree in a relevant discipline
- More than 15 years' work experience including five to seven years in an executive management position
- Strong communication and people management, interpersonal and influencing skills to build strong business relationships, foster stakeholder engagement, create new partnerships and drive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Exceptional leadership and management skills with a focus on securing strategic partnerships, business planning, people and financial management
- Experience in managing P&L, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- Good understanding of human resources and personnel management
- Experience with corporate governance
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make critical decisions
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment specifically in the alcohol beverage industry is preferred
You will be managing the operations of a company with more than 1000 employees that manufactures and distributes one of the most iconic brands in Myanmar. The role is demanding and challenging due to the responsibilities but if you are confident and strategic the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven and want to take the next in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this General Manager role.
Please note that this ad is posted on behalf of Wendy Heng, Associate Director of the Sales & Marketing division in Singapore. Please send all applications to her at Wendy.Heng@robertwalters.com.sg.