Operations Director / Vice President
Salary VND250,000,000 - VND350,000,000 per month + Excellent benefits
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Andrew Humphreys
Date posted 03 June 20192019-06-03 2019-08-02 manufacturing-and-production Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 250000000 350000000 350000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
After successfully setting up a manufacturing facility in Vietnam this multi - national company is looking for an Operations Director who could be considered for Vice president of their manufacturing facility on the outskirts of Ho hi Minh City, Vietnam.
About the Operations Director role:
The successful Operations Director / Plant Manager will have overall responsibility for Vietnam manufacturing operations management and daily operations. You will hire, develop and lead Cross Functional Teams to establish new factory and grow operation profitably. Achieve successful, cost effective launch of new designs into production. Provide leadership to ensure company objectives are met in all key areas, including but not limited to: cost, materials, quality, working capital, and logistics
- Operations leader to recruit and develop team for new factory and operation in Vietnam
- Lead factory renovation, start-up, permitting, and importation of equipment from China, and successful start-up of production
- Develop processes, systems and establish culture of continuous improvement in all areas of the operation.
- Lead localisation efforts of direct material and indirect materials in Vietnam
- Lead the operation and new product development team to achieve company goals with aim to increase profit, lead times, quality, and safety
- Responsibility for the factories P&L, Budget control and achievement
The successful candidate will need a minimum of 10 years related operations experience of which at least five years in a similar position (as Factory Manager or Director of Operation, gained in multinational corporations).
- Degree holder in Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline. MBA would be an asset
- Leadership, Analytical and Strategic Competencies important
- Knowledge of labour relations, EHS, regulatory and government agencies
- Strong Knowledge of Material Requirements planning
- Strong knowledge / understanding of manufacturing & Quality processes
- P&L, and product costing understanding and experience
This global business manufactures electrical and mechanical consumer products, the business plan is to have over 2,000 employees in Vietnam over the next few years.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today to be considered for the role.