Salary Excellent benefits
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Andrew Humphreys
Date posted 17 September 20192019-10-03 2019-11-16 manufacturing-and-production Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 100000000 150000000 150000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An International company manufacturing a cosmetic product is setting up a new factory on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and need a plant manager to run the operation.
About the Plant Manager Role:
As the Plant Manager you will be part of a team responsible for establishing the Vietnam business on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City and running the operations.
- Oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They develop processes that will maximise stewardship, safety, quality and productivity
- Planning, organising, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customer's expectations
- Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimising unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Responsibility for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Plan, organise, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customer's expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimising unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilise assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with work group and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyse data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimise productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employee's issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Oversee inventory management and reconciliation
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
To succeed in this role you will be a strong people manager, good with inventory management, capable of solving bottleneck issues in the process.
- Proven work experience as a plant or operations manager
- Speak Vietnamese and English
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
This American Company is rapidly expanding and is in need of increasing its production which is why it is setting up an operation in Vietnam. You will be working with an experienced international team and will be have the opportunity to be involved with the creation and growth of an international business entering Vietnam.
If you are driven and want to take your career forward, this is the role for you.
Please apply today to be considered.