Public Affairs Director
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Tam Huynh
Date posted 15 February 2019 2019-02-152019-04-16 media Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 200000000 250000000 250000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Vietnam and internationally, this global leader in pharmaceutical industry is recruiting a Public Affairs Director to join the office based in Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Public Affairs Director Role:
Reporting to the Regional PA Director (APAC), you will be responsible for delivering reputation placements in top tier media in Vietnam, build relationships with top tier media; employee engagement and understanding the company brand - work with HR.
- Media relationships: deliver hard hitting earned media that delivers advantage; cultivate, maintain and develop sound relationships with editors, media and other key external influencers to help build, enhance and protect the company's reputation and drive our business forward.
- Storytelling: deliver external visibility for company through storytelling and media relationships
- Proactively managing issues: effectively manage company's public issues, either neutralising/keeping company out of coverage, or ensuring company message is delivered in coverage when desired
- Engaging employees: support the ongoing employee communications related to the company brand; provide support to raise the internal communications capability of leaders in country
- Content: develop cool, experiential content that sparks action
To succeed in this role, he/ she must be able to think strategically and provide thoughtful counsel to a broad range of internal and external contacts across all levels of management.
- Minimum education is a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum 12 years corporate communications/public relations experience
- Experience as an international affiliate of a MNC preferred
- Understanding of international market dynamics and U.S. business practices necessary
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required
- Proven record in managing media & editor relations; stakeholder relations; business, brand and corporate communications; and issues/crisis management in a collaboration-oriented environment
This leading professional firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. This is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are driven and want to take the next step in your career / seeking a right opportunity to take your career forward, this is the role for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.