Location Binh DuongFULL_TIME
Consultant Trang Nguyen
Date posted 14 August 2018 2018-08-14manufacturing-and-production 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A rare General Manager job has come available in a mechanical manufacturing group from US having factory in Binh Duong. The General Manager with profound understanding about Vietnamese culture and regulations shall provide strategic direction for the Vietnam operations to achieve strategic objectives.
About the General Manager Role:
Reporting to Asia President, you will plan, manage direct all administrative activities to achieve annual budget, profit and loss and corporate goals.
- Provide strategic direction for the Vietnam operations working in conjunction with the US divisions of the group. Lead and supervise the Vietnamese management team to achieve strategic objectives
- Solid understanding of Vietnamese business law and regulatory issues. Coordinate all activities with governmental offices, to ensure compliance with regulatory, legal, and financial matters
- Work with the US divisions, create yearly forecasts, budgets, and transfer pricing
- Ensure that monthly shipment, expense, and profit goals are attained
- Oversee the annual year-end financial audit and delivery of the year-end tax submission to the government authorities
- Participate in and ensure timely and successful execution of technology transfer projects from the US divisions
- Provide regular updates regarding financial, operational, and legal/regulatory issues to the direct line manager
- Provide information and update to the Corporate Financial Staff as required
- Work with the Director of Manufacturing, ensure continuous improvement in safety and operations
- Conduct annual performance appraisals for the senior management staff, including the establishment of objectives for the following year
- Lead the monthly Sales and Operations team
- Must occasionally participate in meetings during US working hours via telephone or video conference
In order to succeed in this role, you should have a people management skill with excellent communication skill and experienced in working with Vietnamese staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Manufacturing or Engineering
- Preferred: MBA
- Experienced working in Vietnam is preferable
- A minimum of (5) years of experience at similar level in manufacturing and production companies
- Fluent English, Vietnamese is a plus
- People leader with the value of integrity and loyalty
This is a US based Group in mechanical manufacturing and assembling industry. The Group is private owned with the steady and sustained development over the past decades.
If you are a driven and committed candidate, this is the opportunity for you.
Apply today or call me for further information.