Porfolio Development Manager / Director
Salary VND100000000 - VND150000000 per month
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant David McGee
Date posted 02 March 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting Portfolio Development Manager / Director job has just become available at one of the most respected global pharmaceutical companies based in Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Portfolio Development Manager / Director Role:
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible to bring deep understanding on consumer’s need to shape the market, develop new products, and serve the patient’s need with a broader and adapted portfolio.
- Work closely with and provide on-time support and guidance to market research executive and insights analyst to ensure that they deliver data and information to support business units and management at high quality and in professional and timely manner
- Develop the 5-year strategy plan for total portfolio and work closely with and provide on-time support and guidance to your manager in building strategic portfolio plan for the business in VN
- Manage portfolio locally: regular meetings, gap identification, external searches, pruning decisions, coordination with region, reporting
- Define, formalise and execute portfolio strategy
- Monitor and be accountable for portfolio assignment projects from regional team
- Lead project evaluations while working with other functional teams such as marketing, medical, regulatory, R&D, legal, finance, etc. to obtain information, analyse and come up with recommendations for new business development opportunities, including commercial interest, business model and deal structure, etc.
- Formulate project plans, consolidate information into a cohesive proposal, anticipate areas of uncertainty and follow up accordingly
- Support transaction process from end to end, including preliminary evaluations, due diligence, make recommendations to senior management on path forward and eventual negotiations, ensure alignment of all stakeholders internal or external with best in class project management
- Ensure objectivity in the evaluation process to ensure management of projects in the best interests of the group (ability to challenge status quo, stress test assumptions and make no-go recommendation under certain circumstances)
- Be the key contact point for internal stakeholders (management and regional BD) and external stakeholders (potential business partners)
- Work with commercial teams and market research team to extract, search for and consolidate qualitative and quantitative information from various sources to prepare business cases for new products
- Identify key areas of opportunity and key risks and issues within business cases, stress test assumptions and conduct sensitivity analysis
- Align on strategic interest with internal stakeholders
- Support preparation of key deliverables for senior management such as position papers and business case summaries
- Drive/lead local launch management process
- Minimum bachelor's degree in business, economics, marketing or equivalent
- Medical, pharmacy or biology education background will be an advantage
- Four-five years' working experience in BD, sales / marketing, strategic planning, consultant firms, market research, portfolio management
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry and/or marketing background would be an advantage
- Experience in people management
- Excellent project management and analytical skills, with experience in an environment requiring significant data analysis and cross-functional interaction
- Familiar with forecasting, financial modelling and valuation
If you are driven and have a successful track record in the healthcare industry and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.