Salary VND80,000,000 - VND100,000,000 per month
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Duy Tran
Date posted 17 June 20192019-06-25 2019-08-16 medical-and-nursing Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 80000000 100000000 100000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Distribution Manager position (based in HCMC) has just become available at one of the leading European firm in Medical Devices - Diagnostic. Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial Operations, this is a role for an experienced distribution / channel management expert.
About the Distribution Manager role:
For this role, regular interaction and collaboration with the commercial teams and distributors is key to continuously optimise the distribution channels to drive business growth. This includes the overall management of distributors’ service performance and activities, support their capabilities development and effectively monitor the distributors’ high level of compliance with company's behaviour in business and product quality requirements.
- Develop, update channel distribution strategy in line with the overall business strategies and objectives (i.e. sell-thru strategy)
- Implement aligned strategies in collaboration with the commercial teams
- Map the distributors’ short and long term coverage models to be able to have the most optimised channels to serve the requirements of new and existing end-customers
- Ensure roles, responsibilities and services expectations are clear and communicated to the distributors
- Perform risk assessments and due diligence activities for new and existing distributors in line with policies and guidelines
- Manage distributor margins in accordance with the level of services provided and market rates
- Coordinate with the respective business and support function for regular (at least annually) distributor training needs assessment and implement the training requirements as deemed necessary
- Develop and update performance measures for distributors and regularly assess their performance at least on a quarterly basis. Corrective actions need to be addressed and monitored until completed
- Perform and / or support in conducting audits of the distributors as and when required (i.e. Compliance, Quality, SHE audits)
- Collect from distributors relevant business data that are required for further analysis (i.e. end user sales, stock levels, tender results) and prepare reports to understand trends and other opportunities to further drive business growth
- Be the main contact point for the commercial teams for key issues related to distributors (i.e. credit requirements, service levels, margins, customer and territory coverage)
- Develop and recommend to the Commercial Operations Manager new systems, procedures or new working practices for process optimisation
- Support in the communication and implementation of process improvement initiatives related to distribution processes (i.e. distributor data collection, order processing, product handling, complaints management)
- Manage distributor lifecycle transitions, i.e. on-boarding, coverage and scope amendments, terminations
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field from a recognised university / tertiary institution
- At least 8 years of experience in trade marketing / distribution channel management / sales and at least 3 years of these as a people leader. Experience with a Healthcare Multinational Company is an advantage
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the distribution channel business
- Self-starter, self-motivated, high level of initiative within a fast-paced, constantly evolving market dynamics
- Analytical skills to understand business requirements and ability to drive solutions to deal with complex business related needs
- Strong influence/matrix management skills including the ability to craft messages to provide information and secure buy-in from different levels of stakeholders to adopt a value proposition in a business case
- Fluency in both English and Vietnamese (conversational & writing)
The successful Distribution Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field.
This well-established brand offers a great working environment and career advancement opportunity.
Apply today or reach out me at firstname.lastname@example.org or dial +84 902 377 999 to discuss this new opportunity.