Country HR Manager
Salary VND60,000,000 - VND80,000,000 per month
Consultant Thao Nguyen
Date posted 30 July 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting Country HR Manager job has just become available at a retail firm based in Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Human Resource Manager Role:
You will report to General Manager and Regional HRD in driving the strategic organisation and people agenda for the long term success of the brand. You will be a member of the Country Leadership Team, which is collectively responsible and accountable for determining the strategic direction and achieving the business results in line with overall culture and global brand objectives.
- Align organisation capabilities with future brand and business requirements
- Drive continuous improvements and enable innovative solutions
- Partner other leaders to create transversal synergies across the organisation for the overall
- Understand current and future retail business and trends, anticipate challenges and provide appropriate people solutions balancing brand equity and retail excellence
- Ensure effective learning methodologies are leveraged to engage retail employees
- Lead the Training Specialist to continuously engage and inspire best performance and the development of the requisite technical and business partnership capabilities to meet business needs
- Deploy all people initiatives to ensure employees, particularly future new employees, understand and feel passionately connected to the brand
- Connect with employees on a regular basis to understand their individual needs and find appropriate ways to accelerate the development and engagement of employees
- Work in partnership with the Regional HR team and HR GMs from other markets to develop and facilitate synergies and alignment of policies
- Oversee management of all employees in Vietnam ensuring business needs and compliance requirements are met
- Oversee the performance management program and alignment (annual remuneration review cycle etc.)
- Advise and be a soundboard to the General Manager and other managers on remuneration matters, leveraging expertise from the Regional Reward team as applicable while ensuring internal alignment
- Manage the people investment budget for the Vietnam market
To succeed in the HR Manager role, specific leadership is required to build the culture and a cohesive team spirit as well as robust organisation capability including a strong internal talent pipeline to serve the brand and business strategy for the future in an environment that is constantly evolving.
- Professional Human Resource certification and Master’s degree would be an advantage
- Business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources
- Six to ten years' Human Resources management experience in a multi-national business
- Well-rounded generalist HR experience; exposure to organisational design projects an advantage
- A background in the retail industry is preferred, but not mandatory
- Proven success in developing talent across different levels and functions of an organisation
- Project management experience and comfort in leading cross functional projects/task-forces
This retail firm needs no introduction. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can – do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to highest standards.
If you are driven, ambitious and want to take the next step in your career as Human Resource professional, this is the role for you. You will be a part of the most international forward- thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.