Senior Engineering Manager
Salary Attractive Package
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Le Tran (Mia)
Date posted 08 May 20192019-05-31 2019-07-07 it Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 80000000 100000000 100000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting job opportunity for a Senior Engineering Manager has become available at a start-up. This role is for a passionate, driven, digital native individual to be a key part of driving growth on digital platforms (Web, apps, and whatever the future may bring) through innovation and product optimisation.
About the Senior Engineering Manager Role:
In this role, you will lead the Ho Chi Minh City development team who are focused on launching an e-commerce platform in new markets across the international business. The client is looking for a strong delivery focused engineering leader with excellent people management skills, technical skills, technology vision, and the ability to lead teams through technology challenges while driving the teams towards target architecture.
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership to prioritise initiatives to deliver the greatest value to the business
- Manage software development engineers and lead Engineering projects
- Effectively handle multiple initiatives and be accountable for delivering multiple releases on schedule with highest quality standards
- Engage in technical design discussions and also help drive technical architecture
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions
- Understand complex problems easily and come up with simple, practical, reliable, and maintainable solutions
- Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet business requirements efficiently with greater re-usability and long term vision
- Support preparation of Technology Roadmap and provide inputs to Business Roadmap
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Minimum of four years' experience in building complex, highly scalable, high volume, low latency and cloud agnostic applications
- Three years' experience in managing eCommerce applications
- Minimum of four years' experience in running engineering teams of 10+ engineers, and coaching, mentoring individuals to grow in their career
- Experience with web/app containers such as Apache/Tomcat, Jboss or related skill
- Prior experience developing and/or architecting cloud-hosted back-end services
- Experience with functional and reactive programming for back-end services
- Experience with SOA, Object Oriented Design, various design patterns, Micro services, Behaviour driven development, CI/CD
- Experience/Familiarity with RDBMS, NoSQL and Big Data technologies
This is a start-up company, committed to building innovative digital solutions, providing our customers with an exceptional experience.
If you are motivated and want to take the next step in your career, then this is the role for you.
Apply now to discuss this opportunity.