Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cuong Bui
Date posted 03 October 20192019-10-03 2019-12-02 insurance Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 80000000 80000000 80000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Delivery Manager job has just become available at a global insurance company in Ho Chi Minh city.
About the Delivery Manager role:
You will represent the business team in planning, tracking, executing of projects in Vietnam.
- Set technical deliverable expectations to assist various scrum teams to define technical scope of work, goals and deliverable
- Assist IT stakeholders to define technical deliverable success criteria and work with them to plan and schedule technical deliverable timelines and milestones
- Liaise with scrum teams to resolve technical issues during project life cycle. Deep dive and carry out technical discussions with local, regional and global IT teams to come up with workable solution to move forward
- Use company project management tools to track all IT deliverable are on time during each phase of project life cycle
- Serve as a middle man between IT and business to effectively translate IT jargon to plain simple English in a timely and clear fashion
- Provide regular updates to Business heads and program manager, particular highlight any IT related potential risks and issues in advance
- Provide assistance on technical documentation pertaining to solution & architecture, environment management, application changes, connectivity mapping, infrastructure/ hardware
- Develop best practices and tools for technical project execution and management
- Maximise the reuse of Digital technology, solutions & skills to achieve cost efficiency
- Utilising Agile, DevOps, repeatable technical playbooks and collaborative IT process automation practices
- Interact and develop strong collaborative communication/relationships with key regional
- Business & IT leaders (including but not limited to: technology office, program services, IT performance, PMO, regional ADM, CIOs and country IT Heads) and Service providers to ensure transparency on key application service activities and practices
- Work with program manager to understand the overall project plan and to estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve technical deliverables
- Keep track of IT work effort estimation vs actual time spent on IT deliverables
- Assist with cost analysis on IT related matters such as incoming hard ware and software charges/ contracts
- Work with various IT team to draft and submit budget proposals (IT related portion), and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Direct and manage internal and external teams from multiple locations in delivering the integration services to multiple countries in Asia
- Report and comply with SLAs agreed with the client. This includes working with other support teams in identifying long term solutions to recurring problems
- Achieve productivity gains by driving continuous improvement activities within the teams
- Work with Regional and Application business and IT teams in prioritising service requests and enhancements
- Collaborate with the IT and Operations team to build an exciting and innovative culture within the teams across Asia that strives to be best in market and customer focused
- Establish clear accountability and authority levels for direct reports and build a strong culture of accountability and performance in order to ensure delivery of business goals
- Monitor and manage employee engagement
- Establish succession planning for the function; Alignment to internal performance measurement mechanisms and working with peer leaders to properly identify High Potential and Outstanding
- performing talent
- Provide career direction for direct reports through an understanding of all disciplines and their desire for career progression
To succeed in the role, you should have at least eight -10 years' experience as Delivery Manager/Project Manager.
- At least 10 years' experience as a Delivery Manager/Project Manager delivering complex technology solutions
- Experience in the development of a broadly implemented technology stack
- Experience in delivering projects from inception through to post-implementation warranty agile/scrum with team structured in pods and multiple pods running in parallel
- Experience in managing and delivering projects involving stakeholders from multiple locations
- Any of the following will be an advantage:
- PMP certifications,
- Scrum Master Certification
- Insurance Industry experience
- ITIL Certification
- Working knowledge of business intelligence, business process, and/or correspondence management platforms and integrating systems via API/web services.
This company needs no introduction and is well known in its industry.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Delivery Manager job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.