VP of Engineering
Consultant My Nguyen
Date posted 20 March 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A VP of Engineering job is now available at a leading fintech firm in investment finance industry based in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
About the VP of Engineering Role:
As the head of innovation centre, you will lead a team of software developers, QA engineers, DevOps/IT and Data scientists to build and support their portfolio of products along with internal tools used in researching & data management. You are expected to provide support, reporting & engineering direction to executive management team by working closely with them. Your development path within the organisation is to become the GM of Vietnam office after around 6 months potentially.
- Wear multiple hats including that of software engineer, architect, project manager, scrum master, business analyst and product owner and know how to best divide your time between those roles
- Write functional and non-functional requirements for projects and products
- Own the full enterprise architecture
- Participate in conference calls with customers and provide technical support
To succeed in this role, you should be very hands-on in coding, leading by example and have minimum ten years’ experience on large-scale customer facing product in Java.
- Experience leading a team of 30+ engineers
- Strong enterprise software architectural skills
- Above ten years' working with RDBMs with several years experience with NoSQL databases
- Above five years' working with Cloud based solutions
- DevOps experience and ability to build continuous delivery pipelines
- Advanced Git skills
- Bachelor degree in computer science or software engineering
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally have background in investment finance and experience on Big Data projects
If you are keen to work extensively on Big Data & Machine Learning and make an impact on a portfolio of products that is used by millions of investors then this is a great opportunity for you.