VP of Engineering
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cuong Bui
Date posted 09 October 20192019-10-09 2019-12-08 financial-services Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 300000000 400000000 400000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting VP of Engineering job has just become available at a top fintech company in Ho Chi Minh city.
About the VP of Engineering role:
As a VP of Engineering, you will manage 25-30 engineers (data Engineering, back-end engineering, front office engineering and IT services), build a world class team and create an innovative and good working environment with state-of-the-art processes.
- Leading the engineering team by managing, mentoring, hiring, and embodying the values of our team
- Building and maintaining technologies to source, process and make sense of big data (both structured and unstructured data sources), meeting the needs of global financial services customers.
- Foster collaboration and productivity by safeguarding a culture where people care about what they work on and care deeply about the people they work with
- Help design the product's architecture and technical roadmap
- Manage timelines and identify when deliverables are at risk and formulate alternatives
- Understand and implement best practices around building and running high-performing engineering teams
To succeed in the role, you should have at least 10-15 years of experience in software engineering.
- You have 10-15 years' experience in software engineering
- You have a solid management track-record, you are delivery focused and have led a team of 30 people or more meeting tight deadlines over a longer period
- You have a pragmatic, entrepreneurial approach and are willing to help build your department
- You have experience in analysing business requirements and can turn them into technical requirements
- You are proficient in running a department using agile development methodologies
- You have experience in designing, developing and maintaining complex systems. In particular from the areas of Big Data Systems, IT operations and front-end development
- You have experience with defining state of the art architectures and implementing that vision
- You have experience with NLP/ML technologies
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers such as Google Cloud
- You have rich experiences in system architecture, database technologies (Google Spanner, NoSQL, Postgresql, MongoDB, Cassandra, ...), index systems (ElasticSearch), different programming languages (especially in Kafka, RabbitMQ, Java, Scala or Python)
- You have experience with DevOps and with the operation and support of mission critical systems
- You have a technical academic background: MSc in computer science/software engineering
- You are fluent in English both in writing and spoken.
- You’ve worked on business intelligence / big data / analytics products before
- You have worked with financial market applications
This company needs no introduction and is well known in its industry.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting VP of Engineering job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.