Head of Engineering & Top Management
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Clement Chretien
Date posted 20 October 20192019-11-04 2019-12-19 it Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 115000000 190000000 190000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Engineering job is now available in a emerging E-commerce firm in Vietnam. Shopping habits have been changing over the last few years in Vietnam, E-commerce and technology are more than ever working together to satisfy the customer’s needs.
About the Head of Engineering Role:
Our client is currently working on critical projects that serve over millions of Vietnamese people every day, and this is for one of the most promising market place coming up across the region. The top management are looking to partner with the highest calibre of individuals who can help achieve their vision of a fully-inclusive e-commerce ecosystem with the consumers at the epicentre. Position reporting to CTO group directly. You will overview a team of 40+ people and will get direct reports from high technical engineering managers.
- Develop, manage and prepare best software development teams (40+ for now with growing plans for 2020) .
- Guide, coach and mentor engineering managers and lead them by example
- Provide project management and technical leadership for every aspect of software and keep up to date with the latest trends
- Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, solution design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management
- Supervise architecture plus lead efforts to develop technical roadmap of the products you own
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software
- Develop deep and strong understanding across the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team and beyond others
- Work closely with the business and engineering managers on high technical issues
- Help engineering team to build high quality products. Make all engineering managers and software engineers aware what are the quality standards in organisation, what value they bring in and encourage them to make the standards even better
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management
- Be a part of a Recruitment Team, assist in skills and culture fit evaluation
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team
- Assist induction process of new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you will engage with
- Effectively manage team members in line with company culture and values, providing effective, valuable feedback on daily basis
To succeed in the role, you should be ready to get your hands dirty with technical challenge as and when needed, we expect you to spend around 30/40% time doing hands on technical work and 60/70% on other activities.
- We are looking for technical, product mindset oriented candidates ready to level up the entire department, take leadership, ownership and mentor engineering managers.
- We are looking for open minded individuals with around 10 years of experience from technical to strategy.
- Technical environment is describing as the following. Not mandatory to have/know everything but obviously more you know better it is:
- Python, Kafka, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Big scale systems
- Big data and advance analytics based system would be huge advantage
- AI related projects
- Agile and scrum applied
This up and coming firm needs no introduction.
If you are driven and want this opportunity to build the department, this is a role for you.
Apply with your updated CV now. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.