Head Of Engineering (International)
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Clement Chretien
Date posted 19 November 20192019-11-19 2020-01-18 it Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 185 370 370 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Engineer is now available in a emerging E-commerce company in Ho Chi Minh.
About the Head of Engineering Role:
In this business critical role, you will be focused on launching their ecommerce platform in new markets across different countries.
- Work with Executive Management to grow the company through the use of modern technologies
- Work with the wider global technology team and leadership to design and map a long term architecture for newer systems and capabilities
- Work with peers and the CTO to ensure consistent design patterns are implemented across all systems
- Oversee all development aspects of the company’s global e-commerce platform
- Be accountable for all aspects of development happening from the HCM tech hub
- Be accountable for the quality of delivery from the HCM team as a whole
- Ensure best practices in software development, DevSecOps are being followed and up to date
- Effectively handle multiple initiatives and be accountable for delivering multiple releases on schedule with highest quality standards
- Coach and mentor first-level managers, tech leads and software engineers through their career growth
- Build an open, positive and energised culture, which is in sync with the wider company culture, but also preserve the nuances of the HCM culture
To succeed in the role, you must have experience with e-transactional systems.
- BS in related field and at least seven years’ experience in IT management with four years in Head of Development
- Experience in design and maintenance of a huge traffic web/mobile application (millions users)
- Ability to design and operate products based on cloud services, preferably AWS
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Ability to architect Micro-services
- A good understanding of best practices in DevOps. Preferably, experience in a development team with modern DevOps practices
- Ability to leverage AI and Machine Learning is advantage
- Strong writing and presentation skills in English.
This emerging start up needs no introduction.
If you believe your career path is in line with the description, if you think you can add value and be a strong candidate for the role, please apply with an updated CV and highlight your motivation. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.