Chief Technology Officer
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cuong Bui
Date posted 03 December 20192019-12-03 2020-02-01 it Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 300000000 400000000 400000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting CTO job has just become available at well-known group based in Ho Chi Minh city.
About the CTO role:
CTO will be tasked with making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, so you should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator and an expert in technological development.
- In charge of the overall technical architecture from end to end
- Ensure company’s products are stable, less error prone, easy to expand, and easy to maintain
- Have the technical sense to find the improvement rooms, and keep improving company’s payment platform
- Assess current and anticipated business needs related to technology ranging from infra to application development
- Identify both short- and long-term technological solution
- Make critical decisions regarding hiring personnel and implementing solutions that will allow the company to grow and thrive
- Responsible for team competence build-up and development, and be measured by the team’s final deliverables
- Keep developing team’s technical strength, make team keep improving the delivery efficiency and quality by all kinds of approaches, from talents hiring, skill development, engineering culture building, and to platform and tools improvement
- Monitor technology trends and performance, which can include assessing user adoption, daily users of software or service, or areas where the company is not fully utilising its technological capabilities
- Determine metrics to measure the company’s technologies, comparing actual results to forecasts and internal benchmarks, directing teams to solve issues as they arise
- Establish and implement company-wide standards and practices related to the organisation's technologies
- Involve in big-picture planning, as well as more focused decisions about user-facing elements of the company’s technologies
- Monitor these standards and practices, making adjustments based on changing circumstances or company activities
- Closely manage the financial aspects of technology development and implementation by managing operating and capital budgets
- Perform careful analysis and forecasting of return on investment for the company’s technologies
- Provide leadership and guidance in hiring and personnel development, determine how to best allocate funds toward building effective technologies
- Serve as public face of the company’s technological projects and developments
- Organise and present press conferences to highlight new technologies or products offered by the organisations
- Manage negative publicity related to the company’s technologies
To succeed in the role, you must have at least 10 - 15 years of experience in an overall software company having held executive roles in recognised innovative organisations.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar
- At least 10 - 15 years of experience in an overall software company having held executive roles in recognised innovative organisations
- Good technical and product background in the financial industry, ideally in Payment, Internet Finance or e-wallet
- Good business and technical hands-on capabilities
- Led infrastructure, information security and IT, along with engineering for payments
- Designed and ran scalable architecture, capable of withstanding multi millions of requests per day
- Experience with technology relative to industry. For example, Java EE, Open source framework spring, hibernate, ibatis and so on. Familiar with cloud and container technologies. Familiar with mainstream mobile front end technologies and framework
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills. Has the capability to lead the team and overcome the business and technical challenges
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, business leaders, and other senior management throughout the company
- Possess good analytical, cognitive, planning and organising skill-set
- Able to be a ‘big picture’ thinker
- Able to multitask, prioritise, and manage time efficiently
- Self-driven and self-motivated, has entrepreneurship and startup spirit
This company needs no introduction and is well known in its industry.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting CTO job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.