Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Hanh Tran
Date posted 17 October 2016
An international FMCG is looking for an excellent legal counsel to strengthen its current local team in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam. This person will be reporting to Head of Legal and Compliance, and responsible for legal and compliance activities for several business units.
About the Legal Counsel role:
This position will be responsible for ensuring all contracts, agreements, transactions and activities consistent with Vietnamese laws and relevant applicable regulation and company policies, and giving accurate and timely counsel to executives on a variety of legal topics (labour law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance.
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Drives contract life-cycle from drafting through completion of the negotiation process, and/or contract execution. Manages contract change control process and related correspondence requiring legal input
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance including Compliance Code of Conduct
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organisation
To be considered for this position, the candidates need to have at least 5 years of experience in legal, either in-house or private practice, with exposure to FMCG preferable
- Excellent ability to read, understand and write legal frameworks (laws, regulations, policies, decrees, SOP’s)
- Excellent understanding of Vietnamese legal system and applicable laws, especially in the corporate, industrial relations area
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: tact, diplomacy and discretion, with good persuasive and negotiation skill
- At least at bachelor degree in law, with lawyer certificate preferable
This international FMCG needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of
expertise. With a highly respected product portfolio, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for
you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal Counsel
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.