Legal and Compliance officer
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Hanh Tran
Date posted 17 October 2016
We are having an excellent legal and compliance officer at an international bank to support with all activities for its growing business operation in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam. This position will be reporting to both Head of Legal and Chief Operation Officer.
About Legal and Compliance officer role:
In this position, you will responsible for providing expert advice on key laws and regulations applicable to the branch and all relevant chances and developments, and developing and promoting a strong compliance culture within the branch.
- Provide responsive, sound, coherent & consistent legal advice on regulatory and contractual issues
- Review and provide recommendations on the legal aspects and considerations for the development and deployment of new products and services as well as any key business initiatives
- Ensure effective interpretation and recommendations on regulations and policies affecting the branch
- Establish, review and update internal rules, policies and guidelines to meet best practice regulatory and industry standards for the management of legal and contractual risks
- Compliance program and monitoring: Develop, maintain and implement compliance programs and carry out regulatory compliance monitoring activities
- Policies, standards and rules: Facilitate businesses in establishing, reviewing and updating internal rules, policies and guidelines to meet best practice regulatory and industry standards
- Advisory: Provide responsive, sound and consistent compliance advice, interpretation and recommendation on regulations and policies arising from enquiries or new products/business initiatives. Review impact of new / amended regulations and provide feedback on proposed regulations
- Compliance training: Assess training needs, develop and review training materials, and conduct training for business units
To be considered for this Legal and Compliance officer job, you will need to have legal background, with at least 5 year of working experience.
- Degree or professional qualification in accountancy, business, law, finance or related field. Legal degree or qualification will be an advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skill
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of local banking laws and regulations
This international bank is one of the largest in Asia with a global network of corporate clients. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal and Compliance job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.