Legal and Government Affairs Manager
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Hanh Tran
Date posted 26 October 2016
A German manufacturing business is looking for an excellent Legal and Government Affairs Manager to lead its green field investment project in Vietnam. You will be based in Ho Chi Minh city and working closely with the global team across functions to ensure its setting up and operation in legal and compliance conformity and risk management.
About the Legal and Government Affairs Manager role:
In this business critical role, you will work with local governments for all licensing work involved the establishment of legal entity and the plant.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Consult the BOD on setting up of all corporate functions, including HR, Finance, Supply Chain and Logistics
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives on a variety of legal topics (labour law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Develop a communication strategy across functions
To succeed in this Legal and Government Affairs Manager job, you will need have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- At least a Bachelor degree in either Law or Finance, with MBA preferable
- Extensive knowledge of business setting up, particularly in manufacturing, encompassing labour, licensing, environment and tax compliance matters
- Ability to develop overall business strategy and plans, with a strong combined perspective of controlling and entrepreneurship
- Flexibility to travel, both local and overseas
- Excellent communication, with strong persuasion power
This is a prestigious player in the garment/fashion industry, and well-known for not only its premium and extending portfolio of products, but also its strict compliance, and respect for the environment and local economy. Joining this new business, you will be given a rare opportunity to have invaluable exposure to general management and unlimited progression within the organisation.
If you are interested in the job, apply today!