Salary Competitive package
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Hanh Tran
Date posted 26 October 2016
A global Oil & Gas business in Ho Chi Minh city is looking for an excellent Legal Counsel to take care of all legal and compliance matters for its Vietnam business unit. You will be in an independent role and reporting directly to Asia Legal Counsel.
About Legal Counsel role:
This position is responsible for providing high quality, timely and efficient legal advice, support, assurance and execution to the Vietnam Business unit including commercial, operations, procurement, marketing, administration and finance, and new business adventures.
- Provide superior quality, cost-effective and business focused legal advice, assistance and services, focused on Vietnamese law, but also including matters governed by English or other common law systems
- Negotiate and draft new commercial contracts and advising on exceptions to the procurement function
- Engage, manage (including cost management) and instruct external and internal corporate counsel as required by the Vietnam BU when such advice and legal assistance cannot be provided internally by the BU
- Analyse, interpret and disseminate current and proposed legislation and associated regulations
- Identify and monitor legal risks and legal liability exposures and follow up with mitigating actions
- including direct communication with the Group insurance team as appropriate
To succeed in this role, you must have at least 5 years' experience working as a commercial lawyer with a minimum of 2 years' experience either in an international oil and gas.
- Knowledge of the Vietnamese petroleum law and regulations and associated legislation
- Understanding and ability to interpret and advise on UK, US and Vietnam ABC
- Willingness to commit for the long term in recognition of the Company’s commitment
- Legal professional training as required in the jurisdiction where trained
This is global player in Oil&Gas industry with a strong portfolio of assets across the global. The operation in Vietnam is well-established, and has been recognised as an employer of choice. This position has a transition step for an ambitious lawyer to step up into management role.
If you are interested in the job, apply today!