Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 20 March 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An International Real Estate development company based in HCMC is looking for a Legal Counsel to join its expanding team, report to the Head of Legal. Ideal candidates will possess at least five years' experience in either in-house or private practise environment.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
Reporting to Head of Legal, you will be in charge of advising matters pertaining to the company's operation and development projects in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Provide legal advice and structure of deals, join drafting and negotiation with deal teams and external counsel
- Draft and review transactional documents i.e. NDA, LOI, MOU and other definitive documents (construction/ design/ consultancy contracts, marketing services, SPA, Long Term Lease Agreements, etc.) with partners, service providers and buyers
- Research and update legal knowledge, draft/new laws and regulations on corporate, M&A, real estate, housing
- Support functions and departments in their daily operational works
- Handle claims/disputes settlement, pre-litigation negotiation and mediation, and co-ordinate with external counsels during legal proceedings and monitor litigation or arbitration
- Bachelor degree in Law from a Vietnamese University
- Minimum three and preferably five years' experience in commercial/corporate/real estate practice at reputable law firms, in addition to a few years of in-house counselling in real estate companies
- Good understanding of real estate projects, foreign direct investments, mergers and acquisitions, corporate and commercial transactions
- Self-starter and self-motivator, willing to go extra miles for driving matters to completion within the required deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure on project-based works
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Vietnamese
- Maintaining high level of confidentiality
This real estate development firm needs no introduction and is recognised as an international rising player in Vietnam Commercial and Residential Real Estate landscape. The company's vision is to become the enterprise which always creates cutting-edge values and standards, forms architecture trends and high-quality criteria of real estate development in Vietnam and Asia-Pacific.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today for this great opportunity.