Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Hoa Dang
Date posted 20 March 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting Legal Counsel job has just become available at a well-respected international life-science company, based out in Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
Reporting to Head of Legal, you will be accountable for legal and compliance advice to business units, functions and production sites in Vietnam, including assessment and mitigation of legal and compliance risks. You will act as a Legal and Compliance Business Partner; protect Company’s reputation and assets and minimise the company’s exposure to legal and compliance risks.
- Liaise proactively with assigned internal clients, identify and communicate legal and compliance requirements to enable efficient decision making on all levels; provide advice and guidance to such clients on all legal and compliance matters, including litigation and labour law matters
- Provide advice and guidance to assigned internal clients on IP matters, in close cooperation with the Company IP team
- Draft and review contracts, letters and other documents, lead or support contract negotiations
- Lead, coordinate and support active or passive litigation or administrative proceedings relating to the assigned business areas
- Prepare and conduct legal and compliance trainings, as necessary
- Support M&A activities, including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures and drive legal entity integration within M&A activities
- Drive awareness of organisation about legal and compliance topics via focused campaigns, including on-boarding on new hires on LPC matters
- Coordinate and supervise external counsel, as necessary
- Liaise, interact and negotiate with trade associations, agencies and authorities, including law enforcement agencies relevant for the assigned business area of responsibility
- Monitor legislation and advise assigned internal clients on new developments and necessary action to take
To succeed in this role, you should have strong interest and experienced in life sciences industry and possess advanced knowledge of the substantive applicable laws, international, regional and local codes and other code compliance related guidelines.
- University degree or equivalent from an accredited law school. Ideally a certified lawyer
- Native Vietnamese speaker, English language must be fluent in spoken and written
- At least seven years' experience in legal and/or compliance, gained from progressively responsible positions, thereof at least five years in a reputational law firm or the legal department of MNCs
- Advanced project management skills (including basic understanding of IT tools and their application to facilitate legal counselling)
- Strong ability to manage time effectively, with a track record in handling multiple projects and cases with a multitude of stakeholders
- Advanced communication, presentation and messaging with the ability to build long term relationships
- Advanced understanding of complex business issues and strategies
- Experience with work in complex organisational set-ups
The company, with an European origin, has a long-standing international reputation in its field and great value is placed on employee training and development. They offer a great collaborative environment, work-life balance and a competitive compensation scheme.
If you are result-driven with strong analytical skills and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me directly for a confidential discussion.