Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 16 April 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An investment banking business is looking for an experienced Legal Counsel with a minimum of 4 years' advisory experience in financial service sector.
About the Legal Counsel role:
In this role, you will be advising to internal stakeholders and clients in all matters related to the business of asset management, securities broker and investment banking. You will report directly to the company CEO and the Board of Management, based in HCMC.
- Provide legal and compliance advisory to the clients in assets management, securities and corporate finance businesses of the companies
- Prepare all types of contracts and agreements related to all business activities of the companies including drafting, reviewing, and negotiations
- Coordinate and work with external law firms on the client’s projects
- Advice the Board of Management and Managers in legal, compliance and risk management agenda
- Act as the companies’ regulatory compliance lead with respect to Vietnamese regulators (e.g. SSC, SBV, MOF)
- Update new regulations and regulatory requirements periodically regarding the related operations of the companies
- Prepare scheduled and ad-hoc reports and information disclosures for the companies as required by regulators and assume responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of information disclosures; act as the companies’ official disclosures personnel
- Liaise with regulators on any issues; manage scheduled inspections by regulators
- Provide trainings to the company staffs on internal control and compliance policy, laws and regulations related to the asset management and securities business
- Any ad hoc projects in the legal counsel scope as required by the management
- A LLB holder and Vietnamese qualified lawyer.
- Possess any Securities-related Certificates given by SSC is preferable
- Minimum 4 years of experience providing legal advisory in the financial services industry in Vietnam, ideally a fund management , securities or banking environment
- Good experience and understanding of corporate activities such as IPO, M&A, joint ventures and investment projects
- Experience working with and maintaining relationship with SSC and other regulatory bodies (VSD, MOF…)
- Detail and result oriented, meticulous, highly energetic and able to work under pressure to deliver objectives
- Strong organisational and project management skills; must be able to coordinate with multiple divisions and personnel across the organisation
- Good command of spoken and written English.
The company is a rapidly growing, fully-licensed investment bank having offices in both HCMC and Hanoi. They are very dedicated to attracting brilliant and self-motivated individuals to build an exceptional company in one of the most exciting and challenging industries in Vietnam.
If you are driven and looking for a new challenge in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply directly or contact me for further discussion!