Location Dong Nai
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 18 April 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
One of the biggest Vietnam industrial corporation is looking for a Legal Director to oversee the business expansion throughout Vietnam. Based out in Dong Nai, and report directly to the Group Legal Director.
About the Legal Director Role:
The Legal Director is the head of the corporate legal department and is responsible for all the legal affairs of the entire corporation, including it's subsidiaries and related party. Based in Dong Nai, with frequent travelling to HCMC and nearby provinces, you will be providing legal counsel to the board of directors and manage an inhouse team to deliver it's targeted legal agenda.
- Provide legal support advisory for matters related to the operations of various business divisions under the corporation, including but not limited to industrial estates and construction, trading, logistics and port operations
- Develop and lead corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company's rights
- Oversee delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities
- Lead the provision of legal advisory to management team, including input on implications of strategy and provide pro-active solutions to enable delivery of business objectives, corporate goals, strategies and priorities
- Participate in the formulation of general management policy as a member of the executive management team
- Prepare and present regular legal briefings to relevant company Directors and Managers regarding legal obligations, regulatory changes and other legal issues of relevance to the operations of the corporation
- Maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant government agencies and regulating authorities
- Manage and develop a team of in-house legal counsels and other members of the department
- Select, manage and drive outcomes from external counsels and consultants to achieve business objectives
- Provide expert advice on key and updated laws and regulations applicable to different businesses within the corporations and measure potential risks and impact on current companies’ operations
- Provide support and monitor litigations, arbitrations and dispute settlements in relation to the companies’ operations
- A Vietnamese qualified lawyer with a minimum of 15 years of practicing experience in prestigious law firms and multi-business corporations
- Prior experience in fast growing Asian or multinational companies in trading, real estate, agriculture businesses are highly preferable
- Well-rounded advisory experience in all facets of corporate operation and investment, expansion and M&A matters
- Possess strong initiatives, excellent management and leadership skills as well as strong business acumen
- Possess high level of professionalism, commitment and integrity
- Excellent relationship building skill and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within the fast moving commercial environment, to identify business critical issues and prioritise workload to align with business needs
Since its establishment 30 years ago, the corporation has grown to be one of the biggest companies in Dong Nai provinces and ranked in top 200 VN enterprises by UNDP. They are looking for talents with international experience and local expertise to join, transform and help in their ambitious expansion plan in different business segment. Great rewards are waiting for ones who accepts the challenge and resilient to drive changes.
Apply today for this great opportunity.