Legal and Operations Manager
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 05 June 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A leading financial service organisation in Vietnam is looking for a Legal Manager to join the expanding business in securities and asset management service.
About the Legal and Operations Manager:
In this role, you will be responsible for establishing the legal and operational framework for new funds, managing accounts, and other investment products of the firm.
- Research legal and regulatory requirements in Vietnam and recognised offshore jurisdictions (e.g. U.S., EU, Singapore, etc.) for establishing, marketing and distributing different types of funds and products, and the impact these laws and regulations may have on the firm and it's and prospective investors or clients.
- Keep abreast of laws and regulations and industry developments and changes to onshore and offshore product ranges that may impact the firms' existing and future products
- In charge of incorporating the legal entities, obtaining the required registrations, licenses, certifications and/or approvals from the relevant regulatory authorities for establishing new funds and other products.
- Draft and review related contracts and agreements i.e. NDA, MOU, PPM, term sheets, SSA, prospectuses, investment management agreements (including delegation agreements), investment advisory agreements (including delegation agreements), partnership agreements
- Participate in negotiation of commercial terms (e.g. for a new fund or managed account) with prospective investors and clients
- Work with the Risk & Compliance team to draft or customise policies for new funds, managed accounts, or other products (if relevant) and ensure governance processes are applied for all product initiatives
- Assist in drafting and reviewing feasibility studies, developing the set-up and operating budgets for new funds and other products that are in the product pipeline
- Assist in procuring and evaluating and negotiating agreements with third-party service providers (e.g. law firm, administrator, custodian, auditor, tax advisor, etc.) to support the establishment and operations of a new fund, managed account, or other product
- Other tasks relating to operation of the firm including but not limited to applying for a securities trading code, opening an indirect investment capital account, custody account, cash accounts with banks etc.
- Vietnamese qualified lawyer
- Minimum 7 years of practicing law at recognised law firms or investment/asset management/securities businesses
- Areas of practice preferred: investment funds/funds formation, investment management, M&A, corporate finance, capital markets and/or private equity
- Strong knowledge of the investment products, legal and regulatory framework in Vietnam and other recognised financial markets worldwide
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English. Proven ability to research and write professionally in English, particularly in drafting transactional documents in English
- Flexible, comfortable with ambiguity and dynamically shifting priorities, deadlines, and demands
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with limited resources
This organisation needs no introduction and is an employer of choice for investment professionals in Vietnam.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity.