Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 30 July 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A multinational conglomerate in Telecom/Media/Technology segment is looking for a General Counsel (+10yrs PQE) to oversee legal aspects of the business operation in Vietnam across a wide range commercial and operational activities.
About the General Counsel Role:
You will be reporting to the Group's General Counsel in the head office, and operationally reporting to the Vietnam business General Director. Your main responsibility is to ensure strong protection of the interests of the Company with respect to new commercial projects of the Company, agreements entered into by the Company and matters in which the Company may be involved.
- Deliver legal and regulatory advice and transaction support in a wide range of disciplines (e.g. TMT, IP, data protection and disputes), to other departments and BOD
- Negotiate and draft agreements for expansion of company’s business activities (i.e. funding/financing, equipment purchase, real estate/construction)
- Manage local legal department and advise the business on day-to-day operational and commercial activities of the company
- Regulatory: get familiar yourself with existing company and group policies. Identify areas and improvement and propose changes if needed
- Vietnamese qualified lawyer
- Minimum 10 years of PQE, with a mix of solid working experience in renowned law firms and multinational corporations
- Possess a wide range of corporate commercial experience, preferably gained in a technology rich environment, including the licensing of digital (IT and data) platforms, the sale of B2B and IoT products, device procurement, and other digital projects
- Strong leadership, project management skills
- Comfortable working in a highly regulated industry, taking active role and pioneering projects to ensure the Group's plan and interest are met
- Have the ability to influence management and colleagues and oversee projects through to closure in a timely manner
This organisation name needs no introduction and they are committed to development, innovation and technology in different sector. As a member of the groups' Vietnam operation, you will have a unique opportunity to be part of their top-notch Legal team worldwide.
If you are driven and motivated to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me for more information.