Legal and Compliance Manager
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 09 October 2018 2018-10-092018-12-07 consultancy 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An international real estate consultancy business is looking for a legal and compliance manager to support it fast expansion in Vietnam. This position will be reporting to a Regional Head and General Manager of Vietnam and will be responsible for all legal and compliance matters across multiple business units.
About Legal and Compliance Role:
The role is responsible for managing the full range of matters related to legal, compliance, governance, risk, investigations, and compliance training.
- Sound knowledge and experience with the legal and regulatory framework
- Assess, evaluate and advise management team and staff of legal exposure and risks on corporate, business, HR and dispute related legal issues
- Draft, negotiate, review, advise on commercial agreements with external parties, including suppliers and clients
- Establish the regulatory compliance program, e.g. Anti-money Laundering, Personal Data Protection, Document Retention etc
- Lead and conduct monthly Anti-Corruption Monitoring Activities
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to business units on a broad range of risks that are or may affect the company, and monitor the process in managing risk mitigation plans
- Manage Legal and Compliance Due Diligence for M&A activities that might be assigned to the Country Legal and Compliance Office
To succeed in this position, you will need to have at least 5 years of experience as an in-house counsel for an international business with strong practice in compliance.
- University degree in Law from a reputable university
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of law on land and housing, foreign investment, enterprise, etc
- Minimum 10 years' experience as an in-house legal counsel for a multinational corporation or an associate in a law firm
- Having rich experience in real estate industry and direct involvement in deal structure, transactions, development process, fund-raising, licensing and approval procedures is an advantage
This international consultancy firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for
you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal and Compliance Manager position.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.