Head of Legal and Compliance
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 29 October 2018 2018-10-292018-12-14 property-and-housing 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City
An international professional service provider in property and housing industry is looking for a Head of Legal and Compliance based in HCMC.
About the Head of Legal and Compliance Role:
In this Head of Legal and Compliance role, you will manage the full range of matters related to legal, compliance, governance, risk management in relation to the operation of the business throughout Vietnam. You will be based in HCMC and report directly to Regional Legal and Compliance officer, dotted line to Managing Director in Vietnam.
- Assess, evaluate and advise management team and staff of legal exposure and risks on corporate and commercial matters
- Draft, negotiate, review, advise on commercial agreements with external parties, including suppliers and clients
- Advise, co-ordinate and strategize company’s legal position in cases of litigation and assist management and business line leaders in relation to any legal and or other disputes involving the company
- Keep key stakeholders updated on legal and or regulatory requirements or changes
- Establish, monitor, review and audit the regulatory compliance program
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to business units on a broad range of risks that are or may affect the company, and monitor the process in managing risk mitigation plans
- Other projects and tasks as required from time to time i.e. investigations, M&A etc.
To be able to take up the positions, you should possess at least eight years of experience, three of which are in managerial positions in MNCs across FMCGs, pharma, retail, hospitality, real estate and other consumer-based businesses in Vietnam.
- Vietnamese qualified lawyer
- A minimum of 8 years of practicing experience in reputable law firms and managerial experience in multinational corporations in consumer-based industries in Vietnam
- Sound knowledge of local legal and regulatory framework affecting business operation, especially related to real estate services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Vietnamese
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, organisational and report writing skills
This international consultancy firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.