Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 19 December 2018 2018-12-19legal 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters
A foreign invested company operated in technology-enabled entertainment and hospitality industry is looking for a Legal Manager to support its established business operation and ongoing expansion. Report to Deputy GM and based in HCMC, you will lead a team of four inhouse counsels.
About the Legal Manager Role:
In this critical role, you will be responsible for defining the broad business strategy, advising the Board of Management on legal and compliance risks, and designing a course of action to mitigate and minimise those.
- Advise BOM, BOD, and other department internal legal issues on day-to-day business activities of the company
- Assist BOM, BOD in corporate governance
- Oversee legal, compliance and risk management across the company
- Proactively ensure the good compliance and risk management practice across the company
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the legal department
- Represent the company to solve legal issues before governmental bodies (DPI, DIC, MPI, MIC, MOF, v.v.) and protect the company before legal risks and disputes with outside parties
- Manage litigations, arbitrations (if any) to protect legitimate rights and interests of the company
- Work with external counsels on designated projects related to company's business activities
To be considered for this position, you must have at least ten years' experience, either as an in-house or external lawyer.
- Vietnamese qualified lawyer
- Minimum of ten years of legal advisory experience in law firm and in-house environment; in which 3 years in a managerial positions
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration
This company transforms the whole landscape and practice in current industry. This will be a very challenging role but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Legal Manager position.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.