Salary Competitive Salary
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 17 January 2019 2019-01-172019-03-17 legal Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 160000000 300000000 300000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
A newly created Senior Legal Director job has been made available at a multi-discipline business organisation to support its expansion in Vietnam. Based in HCM and report to regional Legal team and local Deputy CEO.
About the Legal Director Role:
In this critical position, you will be managing a large in-house team and external counsel in corporate, project legal matters, giving advisory for strategic organisational, investment/expansion decision of the Group. Based in HCMC and report to Regional Legal and Vietnam Deputy CEO.
- Oversee the company business portfolios spanning different industries with strong emphasis on end customers and users
- Serve as active member of Company’s Executive Team. Provide strategic counsel on legal, business and operational matters
- Represent Company’s legal interests and provide assurance of strong corporate governance and general legal matters before investors, partners and co-partners, regulatory agencies, legislative bodies, auditors, and trade groups
- Provide prompt commercial, practical legal advice to Company’s various business lines to facilitate, improve and strengthen operational decision-making through integration of legal analysis as part of overall business development process
- Scope of responsibilities will include contracts and commercial agreements, finance, governance, real estate, intellectual property, employment and litigation/adversarial proceedings. Direct outside counsel as needed.
- Support Business Development on commercial negotiations
- Provide sound legal advice on issues affecting existing and future business where risks and mitigation strategies are clearly identified
- Collect, organise, and present market intelligence on the legal issues affecting the Company’s core business.
- Lead support and training of legal team members as required
To ensure success you need to have sound knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations across various industries as well as strong expertise in legal, government affairs and organisational management. Top candidates will be team players with outstanding leadership and people skills.
- LLB or LLM with minimum 12 years' experience, essentially in FMCGs, Real Estate or consumer-based businesses
- Strong management ability, comfortably working in a large corporation structure managing across layers and different structures
- Ambitious to thrive in an exceptionally international organisation where the group functions must work with business teams across the country to support the business day to day operation
- Good interpersonal skills, results oriented, self-motivated, confident, able to negotiate and manage conflict, planning and organising skills and strong project management skills
- Strong written/verbal English skills
The organisation with its fast-paced, constantly evolving and demanding environment calls for senior individuals who enjoy tackling challenges and get to the next stage of their career.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Legal Director job is the role for you.
Apply today for a confidential discussion.