Legal & Compliance Manager
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 30 January 2019 2019-01-302019-03-23 legal Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 50000000 70000000 70000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
A listed international consumer goods business is looking for a Legal Manager to lead its established Legal and Compliance Department based in HCMC.
About the Legal & Compliance Manager Role:
In this position, you will responsible for running Legal and Compliance Department to cover responsibilities for all legal issues, with an aim to ensure business operations in compliance with applicable laws, regulations as well as corporate policies. In this role, you will report to Vietnam Managing Director and managing a team of two staffs.
- Lead the action to establish a good relationship and bridge with local governments as well as act as the point of contact in all company legal matters internally & externally
- Build legal policies and processes as well as standard templates; form and memo related company’s operation
- Review and identify any legal risk in company operations or processes and advise corrective actions
- Manage filing and record of legal documents of the company
- Review and revise all service and business contracts; identify any potential risk and negotiate with other parties to guarantee the legitimacy and protect the interests of the company
- Review all legal logistics and customs documents performed by logistics staff; challenge when in doubt and provide support to ensure smooth operations of product import and notification
- Review documents related to e-commerce and digital marketing activities and provide consultancy to brands to ensure full legal compliance
- Proactively update new regulations related to company’s products/ business/operations or retail industry
- Provide consultancy on actions to take for the best interest of business
- Support business functions in related labour/employee, tax, import/export operation matters
The successful candidate should have at least eight years of internal and external legal advisory for MNC clients/companies.
- Law Graduate; Master Degree holder in any Law and Business related disciplines is an advantageous
- At least three years as an internal legal consultant in an MNC or working in a law office specialised in commercial advisory
- Exceptional knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and industry standards
- Admitted as a legal practitioner in Vietnam
This company needs no introduction and their products are highly welcomed across the world. Successful candidate shall enjoy competitive salary which is commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
Apply today or contact me for further details!