Head of Legal (Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
Salary USD5,000 - USD8,000 per month + Allowances
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 13 February 2019 2019-02-132019-04-12 fmcg PhnomPenh, Cambodia VN USD 5000 8000 8000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
An exciting opportunity as a Head of Legal for a global company in Cambodia has arisen. This position will be based in Phnom Penh and reporting to country CEO and regional Legal office. Vietnamese qualified lawyers with at least ten years of experience are preferable.
About the Head of Legal Role:
In this position, you will be reporting directly to the CEO, together with a team of three staffs to provide legal advisory in term of corporate, regulations and compliance for the company.
- Provide legal opinions, advise legal/regulatory issues, prepare/finalise legal documents (including contracts) for day-to-day works of corporate services
- Ensure that the company complies with key legislation such as the company’s act, consumer law, customs, taxation, labour, data protection and others relevant
- Provide legal analysis, and coordinate with regional and global team in relation to draft regulations affecting the company’s business in Cambodia
- Support during the engagement process to advocate for the company’s positions and facilitate and maintain regular Regulation Committee Meeting
- In charge of drafting and/or coordinating legal and regulation update reports to region and global
- In charge of compliance issues (such as record management, standards of business conducts, contract management policy, international marketing principles) for the company
- Participate in cross-functional projects and audits when required
- Represent the company in litigation in relation to corporate services (if any)
- Train and assist in know how development for the company
To be a successful candidate, you should have at least 10 years' working experience for law firms/policy consulting companies or multinational corporations.
- Graduate degree in Law and qualified lawyer in Vietnam
- Good understanding legal framework, taxation system, court procedures and enactment of legislation of Cambodia
- Good understanding commercial laws including contract law, investment law, commercial laws, IP/trademark law, land law, banking law and labour law
- Excellent English command and interpersonal skills due to the nature of the business
This international organisation needs no introduction and they are looking for talented and ambitious individual who would like to tackle new challenges and stepping up in their career.
If you are motivated and want to take the next step in your career, then this is the role for you.
Apply today for call me for further details.