Country Legal Counsel (Vice President)
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 25 March 20192019-04-03 2019-05-24 building-and-construction Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 150000000 250000000 250000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
A senior position as Country Legal Lead has been available at one of the leading international industrial companies having established operation in Vietnam. This position reports directly to Vietnam Managing Director and Regional Counsel for Asia.
About the Country Legal Counsel (Vice President) role:
Reporting to the Vietnam MD and Regional Counsel, you will be a member of the Country Management Team contributing to strategy and general management of the Vietnam business.
- Provide timely, high quality, practical legal advice to the Vietnam business on all day-to-day operating issues
- Lead ethics and compliance within Vietnam, provide practical guidance and advice to the business to ensure it operates in accordance with our company charter and governance best practice, including providing practical advice on day to day issues and supporting Ethics & Compliance function on training initiatives and investigations
- Manage company secretarial work for Vietnam incorporated entities, with the support of the finance team
- Support regional strategic projects, work collaboratively with Regional Counsel and other VPs Legal, to align advice and project execution across South East Asia
- Advise on and support investigations into governance matters, in particular business conduct/bribery and corruption and competition law. Support governance training initiatives, by contributing to and delivering training programs
- Develop and implement process improvements, to drive better governance and/or efficiency in the company’s systems
- Approve contracts and other legal matters as they relate to the operation of the business in Vietnam
- Vietnamese Bachelor degree or higher in law
- Experienced commercial lawyer, minimum of twelve (12) years of experience with at least 5 years post admission, across major commercial law firms and/or MNC in-house role, preferably with experience in managing joint venture relationships
- International work experience, preferably working cross regionally in a multi-national corporation or with multinational clients
- Knowledge and experience in major capital works projects/EPC, competition law, joint ventures and collaboration arrangements, and business conduct/bribery and corruption
- Company secretarial skills
- Practiced at working under pressure and prioritising competing requests and commercial objectives
- Proven ability to apply analytical and strategic thinking with a significant degree of evaluative judgement to a diverse range of legal and commercial issues
The company culture is very open, active and demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. This company is also focus in training and developing their people to the highest standards, and overseas training is frequently provided.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.