Group Legal Counsel
Salary Attractive Package
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 10 May 20192019-05-10 2019-07-09 legal Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 80000000 110000000 110000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An international engineering and construction consultancy company with regional office in Vietnam has a job vacancy for a Group Legal Counsel. Based out in HCMC and report directly to Regional General Manager.
About the Group Legal Counsel Role:
The Group Legal Counsel will support the group operation in the South East Asia region, reports directly to the Group General Manager, based out in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Manage Legal department: recruit, mentor team members to ensure the continuous improvement, and implement group policies, procedures
- Provide legal support and prepare legal documentation for legal issues which relating to the operations of various local departments as well as the group
- Update, improve and ensure that all legal practices and procedures meet the standards established and expected of the group and the local legal system
- Present regular legal briefings to the company directors and managers
- Translate, distribute and collaborate with various departments to ensure a clear understanding of legal requirements
- Represent the group when interacting with relating parties on legal matters and negotiating with bad debtors
- Improve and update standard contact conditions to reflect local laws
To succeed in this role, you will need to possess strong results-oriented leadership with advanced interpersonal skills.
- Posses international exposure
- Degree in Law, with minimum five years PQE. A Master of Law degree is preferable
- Experience in other Asia Pacific countries is highly advantageous
- Fluent written and spoken English skills. Spoken Vietnamese is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of legal analysis, jurisprudence, construction law, commercial law, torts, contracts, administrative law, employment law in a cross jurisdictional environment
- Advanced knowledge of the principles of contract law, construction law and arbitration rules
- A minimum of eight years working in Legal field and at least three years at similar position in multinational organisations
This company is a global, multi-disciplinary consultancy in engineering and construction and their name needs no introduction. Their footprints are well-known in South East Asia, South Asia, Central Asia and Europe.
If you are a driven, determined lawyer who wants to take a next step of your career in exciting emerging markets, this role is for you.
Apply today or contact me for further details.