Head of Legal and Compliance
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 05 August 20192019-09-16 2019-10-04 legal Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 130000000 150000000 150000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An European Healthcare Group is looking for a Country Legal Counsel cum Compliance Officer for it's Vietnam business, to be based in HCMC and report to APAC Regional Head of Legal and Compliance.
About the Legal and Compliance Manager Role:
In this critical role, will be providing business-oriented solutions and advice to the management and business units and corporate departments located in Vietnam and other ASEAN countries to facilitate the business goals and objectives. This position will be based in HCMC and report directly to Asia Pacific Regional Head of Legal and Compliance.
- Advise all business areas and corporate departments on legal questions and issues, including drafting, reviewing and negotiation of all legal documents and transactional support on key deals and projects, in order to mitigate risk exposures
- Assist the sales teams in preparation of commercial bids from a legal perspective and to support in the contractual structuring of projects and bids
- Manage project specific limits of authorisation (risk management tool) regarding release/approval of specific contract risks
- Actively participate in the development of processes and policies relating to the Legal department
- Conduct or facilitate in-house legal training as required by the business and other corporate departments
- Undertake such duties as and when assigned by the Head of Legal and Compliance Asia Pacific
- Support business in all compliance related matters relevant to Vietnam and other ASEAN countries in the areas of compliance risk management, policies and procedures, training and communications, advice and support, whistleblowing channels, compliance controls, monitoring and compliance reviews, compliance audits, investigations, consequences for misconduct, remediation, and case tracking
To succeed in this position, you will need to have at least six years' experience in either an international law firm or MNC
- Vietnamese qualified lawyer, with minimum six yrs PQE
- A minimum of 10 years of practicing experience in reputable law firms and multinational corporations. Prior experience in healthcare industry is highly preferential.
- Good analytical and drafting skills, organised and committed to deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills and experience, with keen ability to evaluate all legal implications with a focus on solutions and results
- Robust personality with high levels of energy and drive
- Self motivated, with an ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic corporate environment
- Adaptable and commercially minded team player with a collegial personality
- Professional ethics and high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with high level of proficiency in verbal and written English
- Willing to travel for negotiations and stay in close contact with the business
- Litigation experience, with healthcare background is advantageous
This world's top heathcare multinational has made a profit for every year of its 23 year history and promotes from within – career progression opportunities are outstanding.
If you have a successful track record of legal and compliance and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting Head of Legal and Compliance role.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.