Senior Legal Manager - Corporate/Investment
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 13 August 20192019-09-12 2019-10-12 legal Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 100000000 130000000 130000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A giant international corporation is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join it's expanding Legal Team. Scope will include managing corporate legal work including investment legal work for the Group and it's entire subsidiaries in Vietnam. This role reports directly to Group General Counsel.
About the Senior Legal Counsel - Corporate/Investment role:
The Senior Corporate Legal Counsel is responsible for leading corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives. In this position, you will provide the General Counsel and senior management team with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, manages the legal function, and obtains and oversees the work of outside counsels. You will also be directly involved in complex business transactions in negotiating critical corporation contracts.
- Legal and corporate maintenance of the Group and it's subsidiaries
- Preparation of numerous documents for business transactions: minutes of corporate bodies, contracts, documents related to contracts, other in compliance with Vietnam regulations
- Creation and maintenance of registers of corporate documents (constitutional documents / contractual documents)
- Supervision of documentation flows for the Group and it's subsidiaries
- Communication with legal counsels of the subsidiaries under the Group
- Participates in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters
- Serves as key lawyer/legal advisor on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures etc
- Judges the merits of major court cases filed against or on behalf of the company, works with the appropriate executive(s) to define a strategic defence and approves settlements of disputes where warranted
- Assist the General Counsel in structuring and managing the Group’s internal legal function and staffs
- Assist the General Counsel in compliance management of the Group and it's subsidiaries
- Advises on legal aspects of the Group's business activities and investment portfolios, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities
- Others as required
To succeed in this position, you should have at least eight years of practising experience, especially in large corporations (local, global or multinational) in Vietnam.
- Bachelor of Law graduates from prestigious Law Schools in Vietnam
- Qualified lawyer and admitted to practice in Vietnam
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in reputable law firms or big corporations/holding companies
- Experience working on matters of corporate governance and boards of directors
- Experience in shareholding / financing / corporate structuring
- Experience managing other attorneys and supervising support staff in a corporation; experience with cost-effective management of outside legal resources
- Experience in directing strategy and managing complex IP litigation cases
This organisation is market leading in terms of revenue within their respective industry. The exponential growth and investment focus in expansion in Vietnam create a lot of opportunities for development and growth.
If you are driven for success and looking for a fast-moving and challenging environment, this role is for you.
Apply today for this opportunity.