Legal Counsel - Logistics & Supply Chain
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 20 October 20192019-10-21 2019-12-19 legal Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 50000000 65000000 65000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international leader in logistics and supply chain management is looking to hire its first time country legal counsel to support it's expanding business operation in Vietnam. Based in HCMC and report directly to SEA Regional Legal Counsel.
About Legal Counsel role:
In this role, you will be working with experienced lawyers within the region to support all Business Units in matters related to commercial contracts, negotiations, claims and disputes settlement, amongst other legal matters of Vietnam business. Based in HCMC and report directly to SEA Regional Legal Counsel.
- Provide comprehensive one stop shop of legal services to all business units and other internal clients in the country
- Ensure all business units in the country comply with laws and regulations relating to business unit in country
- Proactively advise country management on any significant development in the law applicable to country and business; and contribute to the design and delivery of training courses on legal topics relevant to the business
- Draft and review contracts and other documents in relation to any transaction, project or other matters
- Select, brief and manage external counsels
- Represent the company in negotiations with external parties
- Provide information, reports and confirmation to auditors, bankers and suppliers required in relation to any local business units operations
- Represent and defend the company's interests in any litigation or other adversarial proceedings
To succeed in the role, you should have excellent written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese and English.
- Vietnamese qualified lawyers
- Minimum five years' practicing experience, preferably in reputable law firms and MNCs
- Commercial pragmatism, ability to apply legal knowledge and expertise into business environment
- Ability to operate independently and confidently in a complex and challenging environment
This organisation is a global leader in supply chain management & third-party logistics, implementing innovative logistics solutions across a wide range of industries.
If you are driven and would like to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me directly for further discussion.