Legal Counsel (Real Estate)
Salary Attractive benefits
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Silvia Quirino
Date posted 05 June 2022ho-chi-minh-city legal/in-house-legal 2022-06-16 2022-08-04 real-estate-and-property Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading foreign invested developer in Vietnam is calling applications for Legal Counsel based in their office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
You will be responsible for undertaking general legal duties as assigned in support of the business development and commercial teams including but not limited to: reviewing commercial contracts and proposals; participating in the review of the group contract template; risk analysis of contractual terms and conditions; ensuring compliance with contractual requirements; drafting legal letters and responses in relation to contractual obligations and breeches.
- Responsible undertaking general legal duties to support the operations of the group including, but not limited to: reviewing office lease arrangements; assisting with any legal matters; employment law advice to human resources; assisting finance with respect to legal compliance in payment terms; assistance to the technical departments regarding contract management advice
- Assist in the research and preparation of legal documentation to support any legal matter for which group may be involved including but not limited to: construction arbitration; commercial arbitration; employment arbitration
- Assisting with the preparation and distribution of regular legal briefing notes to relevant company directors and Managers regarding legal obligations and compliance matters and regulatory changes
- Ensure that all local legal practices and procedures meet the standards established and expected of the group
- Reviewing, upon request, the legal (contractual) letters undertaken by various departments to ensure they are made in accordance with the law and the agreements, and are well written
- Investigate local practices of similar companies in the market and propose changes to the contract version to ensure they keep with prevailing market standards and procedures
- In charge of ensuring that any rule, policy or processes involving a legal section is properly implemented / followed and ensuring regular training / reminder of those
To succeed in the Legal Counsel position, you should have a minimum five years' experience in general legal practice, preferably with experience within a multinational organisation in real estate and property or construction.
- Degree qualifications in Law
- Ability to undertake legal research and analysis and build cogent legal arguments/ positions to support the claims of the organisation
- Advanced time management and organisational skills
- Intermediate understanding of the principles of contract law, construction law and arbitration rules
- Advanced written and spoken communication skills including advanced negotiation and persuasion skills
- Intermediate skills in legal analysis, jurisprudence, construction law, commercial law, torts, contracts, administrative law, employment law in a cross jurisdictional environment
- Fluent in English
This is one of the leading foreign invested developers in Vietnam with an ambitious plan to grow in Vietnam market. The company is looking for those with strong start-up and self-driven spirit that can support their ambitious expansion plan.
If you are a young legal talent looking to take your career forward in a challenging and ever-changing environment, this is the role for you.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.