Salary Attractive benefits
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Silvia Quirino
Date posted 07 June 2022ho-chi-minh-city legal/in-house-legal 2022-06-16 2022-08-06 manufacturing-and-production Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A MNC manufacturing and production industry based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam is calling for applications for Legal Director
About the Legal Director Role:
You will report directly to Regional Legal Head based in the Regional office. You will be responsible for all legal matters in Vietnam market.
- Legal advice: Be the first point of contact for Vietnam’s operation/business on legal advice needed. Handle the legal issues related to business operation and development, litigation, crisis and risk management, employment issues
- Contract management: Ensure all contracts, agreements, transactions and activities are consistent with Vietnamese laws and relevant applicable regulations and company policies; Develop formats/templates for various types of agreement
- Licenses: Obtain and keep track of all mandatory licenses, permits for operating in Vietnam
- Corporate governance: Prepare and implement the corporate governance in the company to be in line with the global strategy; set up the frame, scope of power delegation to all key positions
- Compliance: Implement the company’s code of conduct, policies, SOP’s and other relevant standards. Implement and maintain an effective compliance framework in line with the global compliance; Plan and implement adequate monitoring and control system to secure a high level of legal compliance within the entire organisation. Carry out investigations for cases reported as violations of various policies/ethical behaviour
- Legal monitoring: Monitor legal developments; ensure that the business considers legal trends and risks in the business strategy; Provide analysis and advice of business impact of current legislation, and recommendations on how the company can maximise benefits from them
- Training: Train, guide/advise, and control employees/managers in compliance with the local regulation and company’s requirements and standards
- Department managing: Manage the team of 3-4 people, Legal budget and the engagement of external legal counsel
To succeed in this Legal Director position, you should have at least 10 years' working experience in law firm and in-house legal position. You should be hands on, proactive, innovative and entrepreneurial.
- Having a bachelor's degree in-laws at the minimum
- Having a mixed experience in top-tier law firms and in-house experience in MNCs for manufacturing units, construction projects (preferred)
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese proficiency
- Integrity, proactive and ability to multi-task
- High level of responsibility
This leading company has an outstanding international reputation in its field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you have solid experience in legal and are seeking for a fantastic international environment to work in, then this role is a great opportunity is for you.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.