Head of Legal and Compliance
Salary Attractive package
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Silvia Quirino
Date posted 05 January 2023ho-chi-minh-city legal/in-house-legal 2023-01-10 2023-03-06 pharmaceuticals Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A challenging new position of Head of Legal and Compliance has become available in a pharmaceuticals company based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
About the Head of Legal and Compliance:
You will report directly to Country Manager Vietnam and VP Legal based in the Headquarters. You will in charge for strategically important legal work in the country.
As a Head of Legal & Compliance, you will be the legal advisor of the organisation and cover a broad variety of legal issues, disputes and agreements. In your role you are also responsible to develop, implement, lead, coordinate and continuously improve the local compliance program with respect to the in-scope compliance areas.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of agreements throughout the entire value chain of a pharmaceutical company such as distribution, manufacturing and supply as well business agreements
- Identify contract template needs and develop the same
- Liaise with and advise the business on legal and compliance topics by understanding the business partners needs and helping them to anticipate on changes in the regulatory environment
- Be a business partner and act as a trusted advisor for all businesses and functions by advising, proposing, or imposing actions to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations
- Identify training needs among business stakeholders and develop/conduct training and education on use of existing templates or relevant legal and compliance topics/developments
- Ensure regular communications and updates on legal and compliance issues as and when required and you will keep up to date with changing legislation (particularly in relation to the interests of the organisation)
- Manage and mitigate legal and compliance risks by designing and implementing policies and procedures on industry specific issues as well as legal and compliance matters; thus, you ensure that all relevant policies and procedures in the legal and compliance environment are implemented and trained
- Coordinate with and manage external counsel as required for advice
- Execute the implementation and maintenance of a regionalized compliance program including insight in and control over all compliance issues and activities within the local organisation
To succeed in this Legal Counsel position, you should have minimum five years' working experience.
- Fluent spoken, reading and written English and Vietnamese language
- Must have in house legal experience
- Preferably background in pharmaceutical industry
- Detail orientated professional
This company is a leader in the industry. In Vietnam they have one factory and they are growing and looking for expansion.
If you have solid experience as in house legal counsel and are seeking for a growing environment to work in, then this Head of Legal and Compliance role is a great opportunity is for you.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.