Internal Audit Director - Retail
Salary VND110000000 - VND160000000 per month + Allowances
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 07 February 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
One of the leading international retail corporations in Vietnam is looking for an Audit Director for their Ho Chi Minh office, overseeing local audit function and report directly to Group Audit Director in their oversea headquarter.
About the Internal Audit Director Role:
You will report directly to the Group Audit Director in the group's oversea headquarter (oversea) and has an administrative reporting relationship with the CEO in Vietnam. You will oversee all local internal auditing activities for Vietnam and lead an established team of internal auditors.
- Apply a risk-based approach to the review of the systems and controls of the group through the development of an annual program of audit review work
- Conduct operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls
- Determine compliance with selected policies, procedures, and regulations
- Report the results of audit reviews, including management responses and proposed action plans to address issues arising to the Group Internal Audit Function oversea
- Assist external auditors in internal control related matters as appropriate
- Promote risk management best practices across the group and its subsidiaries
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of internal controls and to discuss changes in policies that will impact the system flow of information
- Increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of business units and functions reviewed
- Discuss the findings of audit reviews with senior management team on a constructive basis in order to develop the most appropriate, proportionate solutions to issues arising
- Perform follow-up work ensuring management progress actions within the agreed time scales and to escalate failure to progress actions
- Identify process improvement opportunities across the business with focus on adding value, improving efficiencies and enhancing the control environment
- Develop and monitor process improvement and audit recommendation programs, including following through on appropriate actions
- Perform ad-hoc investigations and reviews at the request of the Group Audit Function
- Manage and develop the audit staffs and managers in the local team
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field. CPA, CIA, CFE or CISA certification preferred
- Accounting designation: ACCA, CMA, CPA, CIMA, or related
- Above twelve years' auditing experience required, preferably in a retail/FMCGs environment; at least five years in management roles
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk, and control processes and procedures
The fast-paced retail nature of the group empowers individuals who enjoy tackling challenges and constantly suggest initiatives to drive a lean and streamlined operation.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Director of Internal Audit job is the role for you.
Apply today or contact me directly for a confidential discussion!