Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Hanh Tran
Date posted 17 October 2016
We are representing an international law firm to look for a high-calibre Vietnamese lawyer to join its expanding team in Ho Chi Minh city. This position will be working directly with Partner, leading transactions and responsible for mentoring and coaching junior associates.
About Senior Associate role:
In this position, you will involve working across Vietnam and South East Asia for our global client base, helping to develop the Corporate Practice further. The role provides an opportunity for an associates looking for an exciting and rewarding role in Vietnam. We will offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
- Advise, to international standards, clients as to matters of Vietnamese law on a broad range of issues relating to foreign direct investment (FDI), including the establishment of new investment projects, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Draft and review contracts and other documents relevant to client matters
- Pro-actively manage clients' transactions and on-going legal requirements
- Liaise with government officials at national and local level
- Nurture a team of more junior lawyers, including training
- Promote business development activities for the Firm (for example, articles and seminars)
To succeed in this Senior Associate job, you need to be a qualified Vietnamese lawyer with at least three years post qualification.
- Have ideally previous working experience at an international law firm
- Top class academic record
- Highly effective communicator (both orally and in writing in English and Vietnamese)
- Excellent drafting skills in English and Vietnamese
- Corporate experience involving cross border transactions
- Strong technical and commercial skills appropriate for the level of experience
- Able to work effectively as part of a bigger team and supervise more junior lawyers
- Able to take on a high degree of responsibility and manage a challenging workload
- Committed to providing an excellent service to our clients
- Proactive involvement in business development and knowledge management
This international law firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their excellent client service, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Associate job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.