Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 10 May 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A leading regional law firm is seeking Vietnamese-qualified lawyers with +4yrs PQE to join their expanding office in HCMC. Prior practices in corporate, investment, finance and banking, real estate or TMT areas are highly preferred.
About the Mid-level Lawyer role:
In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Corporate & Commercial Practice Group.
- Advising clients on matters related to corporate operation and investment;
- Advising and assisting clients to apply for approvals or licenses;
- Preparing, reviewing, and handling all types of corporate, investment, and commercial related agreements including, but not limited to, joint venture agreements, shareholders’ agreements, merger and acquisition agreements, and other ancillary agreements;
- Being able to handle cases independently from beginning until completion; and
- Formulating legal strategies, providing legal opinions and analytical responses to clients’ requests for legal advice, and acting as the primary point of contact for clients.
This opportunity would suit a diligent and career-focused lawyer who wants to deal with a high-quality caseload for global clients. In particular, you will need to have:
- Vietnamese qualified lawyer
- At least four years of PQE, currently practicing in a reputable law firm. Practise in corporate, investment, real estate, banking or TMT is highly preferred.
- Candidates who are playing in-house counsel roles at reputable companies in TMT fields, or at relevant government agency i.e. MIC, DIC, MOIT are also welcomed to apply
- Experience in licensing is a must
- Strong communication (both English and Vietnamese) and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for client servicing and enjoy working as part of a team
- Highly analytical, excellent research and problem solving ability
This regional law firm needs no introduction and is a rigorously growing firm with longstanding history of advising businesses in Vietnam. Their client base are mainly US, EU-clients with business activities focusing largely on consumer goods, retail, pharma, TMT and other evolving industries. The firm focuses also provide international training opportunities and a balanced working environment that shapes the collaborative culture within.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me directly to discuss further.