Private Practice Lawyer
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 05 June 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
Prestigious regional law firms in Vietnam are looking for talented lawyers who want to develop a solid career in private practice. Working locations are in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. +3yrs PQE in Vietnam required.
About the Private Practice Lawyer Role:
As a law firm advocate, you will be advising clients to international standards as to matters of Vietnam and international laws on a broad range of business matters. These firms’ clients are from various industries including financial institutions, consumer goods, retail, manufacturing, real estate, TMT, pharmaceutical, private equity, hotel & leisure etc.
- Draft and review contracts and other legal documents relevant to client matters
- Pro-actively manage and provide counselling on clients’ transactions and on-going legal requirements
- Liaise with government officials at national and local level
- Give support and training to junior lawyers and paralegals
- Promote business development activities for the firm (i.e. write, co-write articles; seminar speakers)
Main Practice Areas
- Corporate (restructuring, compliance, employment, investment, tax)
- Commercial & international trade
- IP (Pharmaceutical, TMT, FMCGs
- M&A (corporate, real estate)
- Banking & project finance
- Real estate
- Projects (energy, infrastructure)
To be considered for this position, you will have a strong academic background, together with excellent relevant practical experience at a well-established firm and a personality that appreciates both team work and personal ambition.
- Education: Graduated from a Vietnamese law faculty (LLB). Higher degrees in law (i.e. LLM) is highly advantageous
- License: Lawyer Training Certificate by Judicial Academy and Admission to Bar Associations in Vietnam
- Possess a minimum of five years' experience, in which at least three years' PQE working as private practice lawyers in premium Vietnam and international law firms
- Possess strong communication in both English and Vietnamese. Proficiency in other languages is a plus
- Have an aptitude for analysis, problem solving and customer service
The law firms’ culture is demanding yet rewarding.
If you are confident, resilient and have a striving-for-excellent attitude, the potential rewards are significant. Great career progression awaits the right person in this exciting opportunity.
Apply today or contact Ms Cindy Tran for a confidential discussion.