Associate and Senior Associate - Law Firm
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 29 August 2018 2018-08-292018-10-23 legal 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A well-established foreign law firm in Vietnam is looking to expand its current team in HCMC offices. You should be qualified to practice in Vietnam and have at least 3 years of legal advisory experience across different corporate, commercial and investment matters.
About the Associate/Senior Associate Role:
In this position, you will be working directly with Counsels and Partners of the firm advising clients on a wide range of matters including Foreign Investment, Corporate, M&A, Finance and Banking, Real Estate, Labour, Licensing, etc.
You will be based in HCMC with occasional travel to Hanoi as the case requires.
- Establishing and maintaining contact with clients to identify and understand client’s commercial objectives and analyses such for client’s legal needs
- Attending meetings with client/other third parties; representing clients in negotiations
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transaction documents
- Conducting research and analysis of information, legal documents; reviewing agreements; checking with authorities on the application of the laws in practice
- Liaising with relevant authorities to deal with their requirements as well as to follow up the ongoing cases
- Performing other assignments as delegated by Partners from time to time
- Holding a lawyer license in Vietnam
- Having at least 3-5 years of experience in legal advisory field for Associates and 5 - 7 years of experience for Senior Associates
- Overseas study or a master decree in Law is a plus
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written, excellent command of legal English is a must). Additional foreign language is a plus (Chinese, French in particular)
- Being dynamic, responsible and priority minded, excellent teamwork ability
- Being able to work independently and under pressure of deadlines
The law firm is a premium independent foreign law firm with strong alliance with leading legal and tax/finance/business advisory firms in South East Asia region.
Apply today or email me for further details.