Consultant Hoa Dang
Date posted 06 September 2018 2018-09-062018-11-05 legal 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A prestigious international law firm is having amazing opportunity for talented lawyers to join its high-calibre teams in Infrastructure, Energy, Resources and Projects (IERP) practice in their Hanoi office. Successful candidates will be working along with some of the biggest names in Vietnam legal market.
About the Senior Associate Role:
In this role, you will advise on many of the leading transactions and projects in Vietnam and work with many of the world's largest corporations as well as the public sector and international development agencies. Many of the transactions are cross-border and lawyers are provided with opportunities to work with colleagues on a global basis.
- Advise, to international standards, clients as to matters of Vietnamese law on a broad range of issues relating to foreign direct investment (FDI), including the establishment of new investment projects, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) as well as project financing and development; General financing and project financing and development experience are an advantage
- Possess in-depth knowledge, and extensive practical experience in relation to power, oil & gas and infrastructure work in Vietnam, including on the development and finance side; complementary corporate and M&A transactional experience is welcome, particularly on a cross-border basis acting for foreign investors and financiers
- Play a leading role on transactions, including drafting and negotiating transaction documents
- Work across practice groups and offices as the needs of the Vietnam practice requires
To be considered for this position, you should have more than 8 years' work experience post-graduation as a lawyer, together with excellent relevant practical experience at a well- regarded international firm in Vietnam or a leading Vietnamese law firm.
- Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City bar admission
- International post-graduate study or work experience will be considered favourably
- Experience working as a legal advisor in relation to foreign investment in Vietnam at an international or top tier Vietnamese law firm
- Professional and proactive manner, and a personality that appreciates both team work and personal ambition
- Vietnamese speaker with excellent command of written and spoken legal English (proficiency in other languages is an advantage)
This international law firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards. They offer a highly multicultural environment and a friendly and supportive office culture.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting opportunity.