Knowledge Management Lawyer (Manager)
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 23 October 20192019-10-28 2019-12-22 legal Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 50000000 80000000 80000000 MONTH Baker Mckenzie Baker Mckenzie https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/bakermckenzie-logo-280x80px.gif
A new challenging job as Knowledge Management Lawyer (Manager) is newly opened at a top-tier US law firm office in Vietnam. You should have at least four years' experience practising experience in reputable law firms in Vietnam, with strong interest in knowledge and database management.
About the Knowledge Management Lawyer (Manager) Role:
In this role, you will work with Regional Knowledge Director, other Global Directors and Local partners/practising lawyers to devise a local knowledge management strategy for the jurisdiction that is fully aligned with the Firm's global strategy.
- Design policies, procedures and standards in knowledge management for Vietnam business to ensure quality parameters are met
- In consultation with the local Partners, drive the implementation of the Knowledge strategy and development of the Knowledge culture in the jurisdiction; appoint Knowledge Champions and recruit practising lawyers to support where necessary
- Manage and take accountability for development and collection of Knowledge content across all practice and industry groups; ensure all material is stored in appropriate Knowledge systems; ensure that matter reviews are conducted at the end of significant projects to capture potential know how
- Ensure that an excellent set of core precedents – automated where possible – is in place across all practice groups to meet lawyer needs
- Identify industry, practice groups and client-specific hot topics for internal and external current awareness and thought leadership; write or commission content in consultation with the Specialist Functions
- Act as a primary point of contact for any Knowledge support requests and enquiries, and ensure satisfactory resolution on time
- Ensure that all Knowledge resources are made available to all lawyers in the jurisdiction and provide training and guidance as appropriate
- Take ownership of all Knowledge Systems and drive awareness and adoption; create and maintain appropriate intranet pages to make key resources readily available to users
- Ascertain local legal training needs; plan and execute training programs accordingly, co-ordinate the delivery of client training where required
- Monitor developments in knowledge systems and content trends, identify areas for improvement and work with key stakeholders to implement these
To succeed in the role, you must have excellent English language skills (verbal and written).
- At least four to six years' experience in reputable law firms, with strong academic credentials
- Current license to practice law in Vietnam (or eligibility for one) is desirable
- Significant relevant experience of Knowledge in a professional services environment, preferably as a practising lawyer
- Strong stakeholders management, communicate effectively, comfortable working in large, complex environment, strong collaboration and presentation skill
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and sense of urgency in setting strategies and executing against the objectives
- Proven ability to influence, interact and consult with senior leaders
This international law firm has more than 65 years in history with success records in solving the most complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Their unique culture enables employees to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and to instil confidence in clients.
This is an exciting time to the firm us as they continually invest in and further develop their Business Services desk, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of their world-class business functions.
Apply today or contact us for further information.