Patent Attorney (Senior)
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 18 November 20192019-11-18 2020-01-17 legal Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 30000000 80000000 80000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms in Asia Pacific region is looking for a Senior Patent Attorney to join their Vietnam office. You should have at least five years' working experience in reputable IP service firms.
About Patent Attorney position:
In this position, you will provide clients with specialised services relating to the filing and prosecution of patents. This includes the preparation, drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications before NOIP in Vietnam.
- Assessing clients about inventions/processes for patentability
- Drafting detailed descriptions of inventions in precise legal terms and suggesting modifications or extensions to the definition of the invention
- Filing & Prosecution: applying for patents from NOIP, including presenting complicated technical arguments. Advising overseas agents on applications for foreign patent applications.
- Advising on other intellectual property rights, e.g. designs or trade secrets
- Working with solicitors to defend or enforce patents
- Training and mentoring junior attorneys or trainees
Familiarity with the requirements of patent laws in the relevant jurisdictions and knowledge of patent laws in other jurisdictions are key requirements to be successful in this role.
- Qualified or partly qualified IP attorney in Vietnam
- Bachelor Degree in Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Physical Science or Computer Science. A PhD or Masters is highly favorable.
- Minimum 8 years of working experience, including at least five years relevant patent experience
- High capacity for understanding diverse technologies
- Strong English English command (both written and oral)
This international IP firm has a strong reputation in providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP across their wide networks of offices in Asia Pacific. The firm services a diverse client base of Fortune 500 companies, SMEs, public sectors, local clients and many others. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
If you are driven and would like to take a next step in your career, this is the role for you.